(Frequently Asked Questions)
How do I prevent the spread of COVID-19 while out on the road?
- Everyone should do their part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Practicing social distancing and frequent hand washing, as well as frequent cleaning of high-touch areas are all good habits to maintain while out on the road. For more info and tips, please refer to the CD’s guidelines @ https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html
What happens if I develop symptoms?
- Call your Eagle driver liaison immediately. Your driver liaison will have procedures in place to assist you with your next steps.
How will I get home if I develop symptoms?
- If you become ill and are showing COVID-19 symptoms, we will do everything in our power to get you home as quickly as possible. Plans will be made on a case-by-case basis and will be coordinated by your driver liaison. Getting home in your own truck may be the safest option, and in some cases we may allow you to deadhead home.
Will my insurance cover treatment if I get sick?
- Yes. Per a release dated March 30, 2020 from our insurance carrier, Humana, they will be waiving medical costs related to Coronavirus treatment. Please see the notice, along with info about Humana’s telehealth services, located on our COVID-19 page.
Will Eagle be providing any sick leave if I get the Coronavirus?
- Yes. Eagle is implementing a plan to help ensure that you are able to continue to financially provide for yourself and family. This plan will cover all drivers who have been employed by Eagle for 6 months or more and who are under a mandated quarantine or have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis. The program will provide up to 2 weeks’ pay for those impacted. We are working on finalizing the details on the plan. Make sure to follow our social media account for any changes or updates
- Cases in U.S. May 27, 2020Cases in U.S.
- Households Living in Close Quarters May 27, 2020This guidance is intended for people living together in close quarters, such as people who share a small apartment, or for people who live in the same household with large or extended families.
- Funeral Guidance for Individuals and Families May 27, 2020Funeral Guidance for Individuals and Families
- Financial Resources May 27, 2020Financial Resources
- Clean & Disinfect May 27, 2020Guidance on the cleaning and disinfection of households where persons under investigation (PUI) or those with confirmed COVID-19 reside or may be in self-isolation.
- Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds During COVID-19 May 27, 2020Considerations for Public Pools, Hot Tubs, and Water Playgrounds During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Forecasts: New Hospitalizations May 27, 2020COVID-19 Forecasts: New Hospitalizations